Thursday, January 14, 2010

Carlos "My Knee Hurts" Beltran

As I'm sure many of you are aware, Carlos Beltran has undergone knee surgery. He's expected to be out 8-12 weeks, which translates into "Angel Pagan will be starting in center field on Opening Day". Now I have absolutely no idea what the details of this situation are - the Mets are going to release a statement later today. I'm just confused as to how this happens two months before spring training. Beltran was sidelined by this knee problem in June. That was seven months ago. I understand not wanting to rush into surgery, especially if it's unnecessary, but how did this get pushed back so far that now Beltran's going to miss most (if not all) of April? I feel like this could really only happen to the Mets. And I can't help but wonder if this is why they focused so hard on finding a power hitter rather than a starting pitcher this off season.

Quick side notes - Mike Pelfrey will be joining Boomer and Carton on WFAN this morning around 9:00 - I can't wait to hear that interview. Also, David Wright was on with Mike Francesa yesterday and I was very happy to hear from him. It sounds like David has been working hard with HoJo to get back to his pre-2009 form, which will be good for everyone involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment