Monday, April 5, 2010

The promise of a new season

"A big part of the new season is letting go of the old one - forgetting the losses, or the injuries - and focusing completely on the future." - My Boys

It's Opening Day, and I'm excited. For this one day, I don't care that our pitchers have been getting shelled or that we are missing two of our most important players. There are still questionable things going on - for instance, why is Mike Jacobs batting behind David Wright today? What pitcher in his right mind would pitch to Wright when he's got a strike out machine batting behind him in the order? But it is time to let some things go.

Everyone can agree that 2009 was a horrific season and a complete disappointment. But you know what? It's not 2009 anymore. Part of this is just an Opening Day high and part of it is that I have faith in Johan regardless of how his spring training ended. The important thing here is that I love baseball, and I'm pumped up for this. Remember - you don't mess with the Johan and let's go Mets!

1 comment:

  1. And you know what makes it even better?
    The Chan Ho Park experiment gone awry for the Yanks!

    ReplyDelete